Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 January 2012

Chilled weekend 14-15 January 2012

Saturday.



Its good to have a weekend with nothing really planned. This morning we went into town to get a few odds and sods, as well as collect a signed for parcel. I don't know why someone would do a recorded delivery for a fivers worth of stuff, I suppose its better to be safe etc.. We went to Dobbies for our monthly free coffee, along with a couple of toasties. I treated myself to a caramel latte as I always find the cappuccino to be lukewarm and nearly all froth. 
Then it was home where I did a quick inventory check of the Astro Society clothing. Then I decided to lay out the track on the railway. I was itching to do a test run of the Javelin. Everything works OK which was a relief. I now need to add a bit more track and a few bits of scenery.
We went down to Farm Foods to get a load of food for our new freezer. We came away with a load of meat and meals for about £44. I then checked eBay as I was watching a Stanton Turntable which was still at £16 with no bidders. Anyway I placed a bid after seeing another bidder come in and I ended up getting it for £20 as the other bidder either couldn't be bothered to re-bid or just forgot. I was after a Technics SL1210 but they go for silly money, normally between £100-300 in all sorts of conditions, from pristine to completely 'Donald Ducked.' The Stanton does everything the SL1210 does for a fraction of the price, with the trade-off of less motor torque than the 1210. Which apparently is important if you do scratching, which I don't.



This evening was spent eating Farm Foods own Chinese grub (nice) whilst watching  Inbetweeners - The Movie. Although there were very funny moments, it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be. I enjoyed the TV series but I thought the joke wore a little thin by the end of the film.

Sunday



I was awakened this morning from a 'ping' from the iPad, which was on my bedside table and I had forgot to turn it off yesterday. It was my Aussie cousin saying that she was on Skype. So I got up, showered, dressed and after a spot of brekkie we had a chat. Then it was our weekly trip to the supermarket. After lunch I decided to get on the blog. The laptop however had other plans and overheated, causing it to shut down. OK I was synchronising my iPhone and looking at a video at the same time, but it is still annoying. Obviously my de-fluffing the other week wasn't really good enough. So I popped down to Staples (thanks for the tip Dave!) and purchased a can of blower spray. I've given the fan a good blow out now so hopefully that has sorted it. Whilst we were there we had a walk over the new footbridge that crosses the M20. Well our taxes paid for it so we thought we might as well use it!
Back home it was time to get my stuff together for an afternoon at Dance Web Radio. There is not really much traffic about so the journey was quite chilled, as was the journey home and the show in between.
Now at home where we had a really nice dinner courtesy of M&S dine in for a tenner. I'm looking forward to Sherlock on the TV. I hope it is as good as last week's episode which was excellent.

Until next week then...




No comments:

Post a Comment