Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 March 2012

A Quiet One 3-4 March 2012


Saturday


After a great Friday night at Sam and Chippy's Chilli, Chat and Choons night , we had a bit of a lie-in this morning. I didn't have that much to drink so was OK, In fact the food last night was really good and soaked up the beer that I did drink! We popped into town to pay a few bills and pick up some items, then on to Farm Foods for stuff for the freezer. Then we went to Dobbies for free coffee and cake. This afternoon I could have happily dozed off in front of the telly but instead decided to build some more platforms for the model railway. I noticed the sun is now out and there are clear skies. Dare I tempt fate and get the telescope out later. I'm lagging behind on imaging so far this year, I need to get snapping! 
So after crispy duck and Chicken Chow Mein washed down with the best part of a bottle of Pinot, I got the telescope out. The moon was quite bright and washed out the Orion Nebula. Plus I really struggled to focus it in the camera and ended up imaging a few blank screens. Then I turned to Mars, after taking about 30 shots of a bright blob I gave up. So after about 2 hours I ended up with a few moon shots. I really need more practice and less wine!





Sunday and the weather is awful so we decided to go on another Country Artists ornament hunt. this time Bluewater was our destination. After the obligatory queue on the A2 we arrived and scoured John Lewis to no avail. I went into model zone and picked up a few railway bits, which I put back when I was told the price had gone up by £9 on a few plastic buildings....£38 in total! After a fruitless trip around Bluewater we headed off to Bexleyheath where I remembered there was a rather good gift shop. We came away with a really nice Merlin Falcon. The shop, Gallery Gifts is excellent. They sell everything from Swarovski to Trumpton characters and Pocket Dragons. 


We called into the parents because I had promised to fit a new bathroom light for them. I also offered to get their old clock repaired, if we could display it on our mantelpiece. We got home about 5pm to the smell of a cooking Chicken, the oven timer had worked. 

Until next week then....

No comments:

Post a Comment