Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 July 2012

Tenterden and Rain Stopped Play 7 - 8 July 2012

First off an update about my studio problems. Last week I mentioned my dual CD player had stopped ejecting CDs. Well I went to move it and it rattled inside. Further inspection showed one of the drive mechanisms is broken. I decided to look into mp3/midi interfaces and after a quick look on the internet and a trip to Maplins this week I came away with one that does the job, and it works out a lot cheaper than buying a new or used CD unit. I now have it running on the spare laptop. The only thing is I have to transfer all my soul/disco/jazz funk CDs onto the laptop to use it, very time consuming!



Saturday.

I was awakened at four AM by loud BEEP. First of all I thought I had dreamt it, and as I dropped off again there was another BEEP. The Carbon Monoxide alarm was telling us the batteries were low. That was a fine time to decide to let us know!

So after a bit of a lie-in we set off for Tenterden. I needed a haircut and we had to buy something for my Mum which I had seen there the last time we went. We stayed there for lunch, then got home in time for the British Grand Prix qualifying, which was then postponed because of the deluge at Silverstone. So whilst the pundits were filling time, I decided to sort the music files on my laptop, as I find that everything imported by iTunes seems to embed everything into folders within folders. Having everything in one folder actually makes it easier to search within the VirtualDJ software. We decided stay in and watch 'Temple of Doom' tonight, as the BBC are showing 'Raiders' held over from last week. Then it was back on the laptop to load up some more CDs. What an exciting life I lead!

Sunday.

We were planning to go up to the 'Stride for Life', the charity day at Darent Valley Hospital. Sadly the rain put paid to that and they had to cancel it due to a waterlogged field. With nothing else planned we just went shopping, nipped over to the designer outlet so Sarah could buy some new trainers, and made it home in time for the British Grand Prix and Wimbledon final. With the weather changing every five minutes, I couldn't really do anything in the garden, and we didn't really want to go out anywhere. After a very nice dinner I recorded one hour of my show. I was quite pleased with the results as well, this new system seems to work out fine. Now I see there's nothing on TV so I'm catching up with stuff I've recorded. Sometimes weekends can be a tad dull. 

Until next week then...






No comments:

Post a Comment