Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 July 2012

Nowt Doing 30 June to 1 July 2012




We had a good night at the Astro Club meeting last night. It could have easily been a disaster as I forgot we had been banished to the Annex Hall, after the powers that be cocked up the bookings. We still managed to get sixty plus people in there, even if we had to borrow chairs from the main hall. Sarah, Anita, Tina and Lukey worked wonders with the tea and coffees in such a small kitchen. We had to borrow another kettle from the main hall to ensure everyone had a cuppa. As it was a clear evening we managed to get a few solar telescopes going before Sunset, which everyone appreciated. Then as it was telescope workshop night we discussed peoples telescope queries. I even sold a load of clothing as well.

Saturday.



Canterbury was our destination this morning. We decided to take the Pug for a bit of a run, roof down as it was nice weather. I reckon it was a good idea as the brake squeal seems to have cured itself. We bought a few odds and sods then Sarah decided to check out new mobile phones, and managed to get a new phone with a better deal for the same price she pays at the moment. I actually got the chance to drive the Pug home, only the third time I've driven it. It handles quite well, although I still reckon the brakes are not as good as they should be. But I am comparing it to the Prius, which has excellent brakes.

When we got home I decided to wash the Pug as it had half the Sahara Desert on it from the rainfall this week. I even gave it a bit of a polish. I'll take the Prius down the car wash as its a bigger beast and the Pug is easier to clean. As this is a 'Nothing Planned' weekend, we are going to stay in tonight and watch 'Raiders' on BBC1, there could be takeaway involved as well. Well the takeaway happened (Curry) and very good it was too. However the BBC changed 'Raiders' for Wimbledon. So I'm watching Andy Murray instead of Indiana Jones. Then I noticed there was a horror film on C5. I gave it twenty minutes then switched back to Tennis. I realised why I've never bothered to watch the 'Hostel' series of films.

Sunday



We are now well into summer but no one has told the weather fairies. I woke up to torrential rain, then as we left home, sun. Then as we arrived at Asda, torrential rain, then as we left there, sun. Then as we got home....you guessed it!

We really don't know what to do today. We have a few options, use our English Heritage or National Trust, go to Ikea (less likely) or stay home, watch a DVD and record my show for DWR. In the end we watched 'Raiders' on DVD, went out and got the car washed, then went down to the Garden centre for compost and a Rhubarb plant. Dodging the rain I got the grass cut, plants potted and plants pruned. Then it was time to record this weeks show for DWR.

 I recorded an hour, had dinner then in a fit of enthusiasm went up to record the second hour. Having checked the first hour MP3 I realised why the VU meter on the laptop was reading over. I had inadvertently pressed the 'mic' tit on the audio interface, thus rendering the recording totally distorted and unusable. I now have to get two hours worth done before Wednesday. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back. At least Spain are having a better evening, although as I type this the second half has just started so I may be speaking too soon.

Until next week then






No comments:

Post a Comment