Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 October 2012

'Looky Uppy' and Locomotives 6-7 October 2012

Saturday.



The morning was spent putting the rest of the house straight after we had the flooring fitted yesterday. After a spot of lunch we went over to the Singleton Environmental Centre (pic), who were having an open day. The Chairman of AHBS was there publicising the station and also representing the centre (as he works there). We had a chat, then tea and cake. We watched a guy trying to make fire using wood and string, ala Ray Mears. All he managed to produce was smoke. Somebody should have passed him a lighter. After saying our goodbyes we popped into the carpet shop to get a new doormat. The other one has been used by the cats as a pissoir so we had to chuck it.
This evening Graham came down for a curry and a bit of astronomy (he uses the phrase 'Looky Uppy' which describes it exactly). After a really nice meal in town we went over to Woodchurch and met up with other like minded individuals for a rare event. A cloudless evening of stargazing. The skies there are amazing. The milky way was visible from horizon to horizon. We only packed up when the dew got to my telescope lens. I must get a dew shield. Apart from that it was a great evening. 

Sunday.





I noticed there was a model railway exhibition on at the Leas Cliff Hall in Folkestone. So the plan was to go down there in the afternoon after the weekly shop and a spot of lunch, plus a TV catch up session from last night. Some of the excellent displays they had there have motivated me to get some more done to my model railway. So I bought some more track and a loco. Sarah bought me my early Christmas present which was a four car Network Southeast passenger train (4-VEP). It is a digital control fitted model so now I have to upgrade my system to digital. I had better start saving my pennies now. We met up with Steve from the Astro club who was helping his friend run a stall there. After a cuppa and a chat we left for home. 

Until next week then...




No comments:

Post a Comment